Thursday 10 March 2011

NubiDollz - Black & Multi-Ethnic Toy Search

So once again my daughter comes up to me and says... "Mommy, how come none of our board games have brown faces on the front or brown people inside?"

 

Well you know I saw that as a challenge from my daughter because the first time she came to me with a question like that.. well I started NubiDollz!

 

So I went on an internet search because that is the best place to start.. I managed to find quite a few options out there...not a lot... just a few and I decided to blog about it to help other parents out there who are trying to find black & multi-ethnic resources for their children... or toys with brown faced people!

 

Well today I searched Google and found the following:-   

Nubian Jak Board Game

The award winning board game Nubian Jak has been available on general release in the UK and US since 1995. A fourth series, The Windrush Edition was also  released at the British Toy and Hobby Fair in January 2006.

The game is ideal for any social gathering, whether with friends or family. The minimum age to play the game is 11 and can be played from 2 to 24 players.

Erroneously dubbed “the black (or Urban) Trivial Pursuits” what sets Nubian Jak board apart from other games and has made it a stunning "World First" is the fun and exciting way it makes information from a global perspective, accessible to the masses in an entertaining format.

The game requires players to use strategy, skill and a bit of luck to “Out Jak" and and "Chill Out" opponents while trying to get three Pyramids to three new Jak Zone.

 

I was extremely suprised to find this game and even more surprised that it has been on general release since 1995!  I know that I was not living in London in 1995 so does that mean it was only released in London?.. and I would also like to know if it is still available today? 

If you have the game or have heard of this game please feel free to leave your comments / feedback.  I will definately attempt to purchase this game and I am also realising that this quest to find Black & Multi-Ethnic Toys is going to cost me a fortune LOL!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment